Friday 6 April 2012

Nephew card

Hi all,

It's been a week of resting and trying to not do too much, still had to do a little crafting.  The arm is a bit better today but I've been deliberately putting it in a sling today to stop me using it and it isn't as sore so fingers crossed.  I had a lovely morning out yesterday with my hubby driving me to get mine and my daughter's hair cut then I had a coffee and cake at The Holiday Inn with 3 M.E. group friends for an hour .  He even pushed me into the cafe as I can't propel myself at the moment - bless him, he deserved his big breakfast at Makro while I was there. It was lovely to get out and have a girly chat - I have spread my crafty spell and 2 of them spend more than I do on crafting, I did say quietly that I forgot to tell them how addictive it is yet very therapeutic! Here's my nephew's card:
I used:
Black card, buttons, twine,LOTV cute squares - pre-coloured but added distress inks to it for the sky and grass, gingham papers, typed sentiment and postage xcut die.

Challenges:

CES challenge-79-no girls allowed
joanna sheen challenge its a mans world
abc dt challenge anything goes
cards for men challenge-7-great outdoors
mim challenge 43 - men and boys
robyns fetish challenge 101-card depicting sports - cycling


Happy Easter to you all.Don't eat too many eggs - oh go on then.

Love Debs x
 

18 comments:

shaz earl said...

Lovely card Debs
hope you feel better soon have a lovely Easter xx

Jo said...

Great card, Debs, perfect for an 8 year old! Fab layout and striking colour combo!Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs Jo x

karen said...

Gorgeous card Debs, lovely colours! thanks for joining us at CES this week, karenx

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie this is lovely, fab coulours and your Nephew will love this. Thank you for your lovely comment today, ref the dies, the swirl one I bought yesterday in the craft shop in Tarleton village in Lancashire. I have binned the packaging and so dont know the makers name it was £7.99 and is a new range she is stocking I could have ( if i had had the money ) bought one of each that she had they are gorgeous. The star is a die which cost 5.99 for five nesting stars I bought it at Craft inspirations (Cardcraftplus.co.uk) in Preston but I think you can buy these in most stores again I dont know the name its not a spellbinders or a crealies but I found it great value.I used the stars because the image is wearing a sheriffs star on her skimpy top . Hugs Elaine .
Have a nice Easter , If I do remember the names I will let you know

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Debbie, love the cute image and great papers. love the design...your nephew will love it..glad to hear you are feeling better..

Luv CHRISSYxx

sue w. said...

Hi Debs, Lovely Nephew card, the colours are fab and I love the layout.
Happy Easter.
Hugs Sue W.

Mynn xx said...

This is just darling!!! LOVE the gingham papers! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

susan said...

Great card for a young boy! Love the red and white combination and the buttons on it, too. Thanks for joining us at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE this week!

Hazel said...

Hi Debs

What a fabulous card - love the image and colour combination you have used - so pretty.

Take care

Hazel x

Cindy Groh said...

Perfect card for a nephew. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week.

Hannelie said...

I LOVE your use of gingham!
Such a pretty card!
Thank you for joining us this week at Robyn's Fetish!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A super card, love the gingham paper, goes perfect with the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Suzanne x

Fliss said...

A fabulous card Debbie. That's a really cute image and the backing papers are great.
Sorry to hear you haven't been too good and hope you get better very soon.
Thanks for joining in with our MMM wheels challenge.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Wiccababe said...

fabulous boys card - love the use of the gingham
Debz
xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Fab hun,gorgeous boys card, lovely image and colours, glad your feeling better, hugs Liz xx

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful card for your nephew...I am sure he will love it!! Thank you for playing along at the ABC Challenge blog this month!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Sounds like you had a fab time hun!
Great card, love the gingham papers!
Hugs Shell xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A fabulous card, love the sweet image. Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Can't beat a bit of Plaid/Tartan

  Hello all, It is the 1st March 2024 and I'm here to share my card for our challenge over at  Sparkles Christmas Debbie  chose the them...