Thursday 25 August 2011

One layer card

Hi,

Well I'm over the moon, my daughter did really well in her GCSE's and really made us so proud.  I knew she would do well.  Poor bairn was so nervous, she was passing all her nervous energy onto me.  I don't think I was as jittery for my own exams in the 80's.  Not that long ago of course......  We've had a nice takeaway and a couple of glasses of wine so giggles a plenty - all in the name of celebrating her achievement of course!  Anyway I decided I'd do a one layer card to match the Polkadoodles challenge and it happened to fit a few others.
I used a Fairy Flutterby Bevvieboo stamp from Polkadoodles, the sentiment and butterfly are from this set too.I also added some glitter to form a butterfly trail.  All coloured with promarkers.  Quite a simple card but I really enjoyed this style for a change.

Challenges:
Polkadoodle challenge 33 - single layer
Promarker challenge week 113 - no patterned paper
Hooked on craft challenge 6 - Things with wings - butterflies
Stamps r us challenge - anything goes

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Love Debs x

7 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Super cute card Debbie and congratulations to your daughter. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on craft.
Hugs Jackie

Carol L said...

Congrats on your daughter's achievements and your card is really cute with that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Audrey said...

What a lovely one layer card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debbie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my "no paper" challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tracy said...

Really cute card Debbie. Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Fliss said...

A really sweet card Debbie and Bevvieboo looks lovely with her butterfly friends.
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles single layer challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Hazel said...

Hi Debbie

Love your card it really looks effective even without backing paper. I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation.

Hazel x

Can't beat a bit of Plaid/Tartan

  Hello all, It is the 1st March 2024 and I'm here to share my card for our challenge over at  Sparkles Christmas Debbie  chose the them...